Here are some quick links to help you get certified.
NWEA EXAM APPLICATIONS
- Renewal of Nevada Wastewater Certification (.pdf 69K)
- Renewal of Nevada Wastewater Certification (.doc 43K)
- Renewal of Voluntary Certification (.pdf 83K)
- Renewal of Voluntary Certification (.doc 44K)
NWEA Upgrade Forms
- Wastewater Restricted Upgrade Form (.pdf 70K)
- AIT Upgrade Form (.pdf 70K)
- COIT Upgrade Form (.pdf 70K)
- IWIIT Upgrade Form (.pdf 71K)
- IWOIT-B Upgrade Form (.pdf 72K)
- IWOIT-P Upgrade Form (.pdf 71K)
- PMT Upgrade Form (.pdf 70K)
Continuing Education Approval Application
Continuing Education Approval Application
complete Application, send sample certificate and course approval application list calculated to show total hours that you are requesting approval for.
- Application for Approval of Course of Training for Continuing Ed. (.pdf 18K)
- Application for Approval of Course of Training for Continuing Ed. (.doc 36K)
- Sample Class Certificate
- Course Approval Application List - Calculated
- Wastewater Course Approval – Submittal requirements for Trainers
ONCE A COURSE IS ACCEPTED, COURSE APPROVAL IS VALID FOR 3 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF APPROVAL.
IF AVAILABLE PLEASE SEND SIGN IN PAGE FOR CLASS TO CERTIFICATION@NVWEA.ORGRead more ...
NWEA Award Applications
- Collection System Operator of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Collection System Operator of the Year Application (.doc)
- Industrial Waste Inspector of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Industrial Waste Inspector of the Year Application (.doc)
- Operator of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Operator of the Year Application (.doc)
- Plant Maintenance Technologist of the Year (.pdf)
- Plant Maintenance Technologist of the Year (.doc)
- Rookie of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Rookie of the Year Application (.doc)
- Wastewater Quality Analyst of the Year (.pdf)
- Wastewater Quality Analyst of the Year (.doc)
NON REGULATORY PROGRAM FEES
(Collection System Operators, Industrial Waste Inspectors, Industrial Waste Operators, Wastewater Quality Analysts & Plant Maintenance Technologists): Make the checks payable to NWEA. Mail checks, correspondence, applications and renewals to the Certification Board, PO Box 98235, Las Vegas, NV 89193.
(Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators): Make the checks payable to NDEP. Mail checks, correspondence, applications, and renewals to the Wastewater Operator Certification Program, Bureau of Water Pollution Control, Nevada Division of Environmental Protection, 901 S. Stewart Street, Suite 4001, Carson City, NV 89701.
Wastewater fee: $110.00
Non Regulatory fee: $80.00
Wastewater fee: $140.00
Wastewater fee: $150.00
Non Regulatory fee: $200.00
Non Regulator fee: $150.00
Wastewater fee: $70.00
Wastewater fee: $20.00
Wastewater fee: $80.00
Non Regulatory fee: $20.00
Wastewater fee: $25.00
Non Regulatory fee: $25.00
Drinking Water Operator Certification
NEVADA PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM - OPERATOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Click here for Nevada Drinking Water Certification Program WebsiteRead more ...
Location: Las Vegas - Elko - Ely - Reno
Location: Las Vegas - Tri-State Conference * South Point Hotel & Casino
Location: Elko - Ely - Reno
Read more ...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Restricted Certification?
What is an Operator-In-Training Certificate?
If an examinee takes and passes a grade I exam but does not meet all of the experience and education requirements they will receive an operator-in-training certification. To be eligible to receive a grade I certification the applicant must:
- Take and pass the grade I certification exam
- Have 1 year of full time experience
- Submit documentation of 60 hours of related training
- Submit a copy of their high school diploma/equivalent
Once the operator-in-training meets the requirements an upgrade form must be completed and signed by their supervisor. In addition to the upgrade form, the required education documentation must be submitted.Read more ...
Policy & Procedures
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Below you will find a link to the most recent Nevada Board of Certification for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators Policy & Procedures Manual. In it you will read about some of these important policies:
- Job Definitions and Duties
- Testing Eligibility
- Computerized Testing
- Military Experience
- Multiple Certification Experience
- Renewal Notification
- Voluntary Continuing Education
- Continuing Education Review
- Code of Conduct
- Invoice Approval
- Information Request
- Credit Card Processing
- Exam Administration - ADA Compliance
- Examination Proctoring
- Examination Proctoring Agreement
- Instructions for Administering ABC Exams
- Nevada Administrative Code 445A.287-292
If you are applying for certification or reciprocity in Nevada, you must meet all of Nevada’s eligibility requirements for the level of certification you are seeking.
Except as otherwise noted, the policies & procedures contained herein apply to all certification disciplines administered by the Nevada Water Environment Association.
Policy and Procedures is currently not available as we are updating to meet the new regulations until then please see: Interim Certification Policy for NAC Revision ImplementationRead more ...
- Collection System Operator Rules (.pdf 124K)
- Industrial Waste Inspector Rules (.pdf 123K)
- Industrial Waste Operator Rules (.pdf 128K)
- Plant Maintenance Technologist Rules (.pdf 124K)
- Wastewater Quality Analyst Rules (.pdf 129K)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Rules (.pdf 145K)
all Rules are being updated, for more information please contact email@example.comRead more ...