Location: Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV
Date/Time: March 21, 2023. 5:15 pm
Share your research with the industry at NWEA’s Annual Conference. This is a great opportunity
to meet and network directly with employers, professors, public officials, utilities, government agencies, and other water professionals while learning about exciting new trends and opportunities in the water and wastewater industry.
The Poster Competition will occur at the exhibit hall. Participants should set up their poster prior to the
exhibit hall opening at 5:00 pm. Participants should be present for questions from industry professionals
between 5:15-6:15 pm. Judging will also occur between 5:15-6:15 pm. Winners will be announced at
6:30 pm. Cash prizes will be awarded for first ($500), second ($300), and third ($200) place posters, and
a special undergraduate prize ($150) will be awarded to encourage undergraduate participation.
- Students shall submit their abstract by March 10, 2023.
- All participants must register for the 2023 Annual Conference. Note that Annual Conference registration fees are waived for students. Students are encouraged to attend technical sessions and stay for the full conference on March 21-22.
- The recommended size of each poster is 40 inches by 60 inches.
- The poster must be mounted on or attached to a firm poster board and displayed on the easel provided.
- The poster title and authors name(s) should be prominent.
- The poster should be prepared so that descriptive text is kept to a minimum while highlighting major findings that can be understood in the absence of the author(s).
- All material should be accessible without having to lift or turn pages.
- No materials will be allowed to be placed in front of, above, below, or to the sides of the poster. Due to limited space, there will be no room for tables or large displays in the poster viewing area.
- If letter (8.5 x 11 inch) size copies of the poster are going to be available as a handout, you can hang an envelope from the bottom of the poster for this purpose.