Joe Crim, Jr.
Public Works Director
City of Lovelock
205 Pershing Way
Lovelock, NV 89419
Term Expiration: December 2023Representation: At-Large Member
Certification Board Vice Chairman Duties
- Certification Board Meetings
- If the Chairman is unable to direct the Certification Board meeting the Vice Chairman will do so. Request items to be voted on.
- Certification Board Budget
- Prior to the NWEA Annual Conference the Program Administrator (PA) will prepare the budget for the next fiscal year. The Vice Chairman in conjunction with Chairman will review and finalize the budget for the entire Certification Board to vote on.
- Review the budget each quarter to confirm that expenses are staying within the budgeted amount.
- Application Review
- Applications are received and reviewed by the PA. If there is a question regarding the experience the PA will forward the application to the Vice Chairman and Chairman for review and guidance. Once a determination is made the PA will contact the operator and process/deny the application.
- Approval/Denial of Invoices/Reimbursements
- All invoices/reimbursements must be reviewed and approved by the Chairman, Vice Chairman and NWEA President prior to the NWEA Treasurer issuing a check to the payee.
- Approval/Denial of NDEP Monthly Contract Invoice
- Each month the PA will prepare the NDEP contract invoice. The Vice Chairman and Chairman will review the contract and backup documentation. After reviewing the Vice Chairman will email approval to process the invoice to the PA, Chairman and the NWEA President.
- Monthly NDEP Report
- The Vice Chairman will be included in the distribution of the 30 day decertification list that is provided to NDEP monthly.
- Renewal Stickers
- The Vice Chairman will sign the renewal stickers for examinees that pass their exams. The PA will provide the stickers as needed.
- Backup of Certification Files
- The PA will provide the Vice Chairman with and DVD backup of the Certification files quarterly.
- Review Continuing Education Courses
- The PA will either email continuing education courses to the Chairman and Vice Chairman for review and approval. The Chairman and Vice Chairman will verify the type of course and which certifications the course is applicable to.
- Other Duties
- The PA may ask for assistance from the Vice Chairman with issues that come up throughout the year.